Friday, June 29, 2012

I'm Embarrassed to Say

I've done it!  One of those typical things missionaries do...




Need I say more? 

Sorry we haven't been very talkative lately...  The buildings are just taking time and it has been a long wait for the concrete and rebar to be finished. When the walls get up we will get to some more interesting phases. 


Here's the temple from across the street. Soon they will be working on the towers. There is a place on top of the mall where we can climb the stairs and take pictures. The Patrons Housing building is on the left and behind a bit... peak of the Visitors Center behind the Temple and Stake Center on the right behind the trees.

Here is the entry gate to the site... where I waited 15 minutes to get through  the other day... sitting on the curb... hot very hot. 

... Therefore.... I got this!
My own clicker! 


Power... I now have the power!!

While I was out there... I took a picture of the fence that surrounds the temple property.
We're quite secure around here!

Tour of Vatican Gardens: 


 One of the contractors here took us to the Vatican to tour the gardens.


 Here we are with a very old Mermaid. This was just a pond inside. It seemed very very old. The rock formation was very different!

We were there in early Spring so it was a very green perfect day.


This wall is centuries old and surrounds Vatican City


A statue just inside Vatican City



It was interesting to view this historic site... I didn't take a lot of pictures and we will probably never go there again, so  I should have taken more.... Historic grounds where Popes have walked for centuries, and interesting that this is not Italy... it is it's own country inside a country. I appreciated and respected the history and what this city means to the Catholic religion. It is their headquarters, world famous... but I couldn't help but feel a little empty as I walked the grounds.

Let's see how about a picture of a pizza... 

Typical dinner here in Italy. 
Margherita Pizza 1/8 inch thick... cheese and tomato sauce.


Davids looks a little more tasty... with fungi. Just the fact that they call it fungi is enough for me not to order it!!

And a typical day :)
Elder Fenn walking out to the temple

Love and Good Wishes to all.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited that I just found your blog. It warms my heart! I served in the Italy Rome Mission from 2006-2007. I remember sitting in the MTC talking with my Elders and we made a promise that we would work with all our might to get those Italians a temple. The April general conference after I got home from my mission they announced the Italy Rome temple. My heart rejoiced! I am so thrilled to be able to see your pictures as the temple is built. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete